Friday, September 6, 2013

Home

We left Paducah, KY about 715 AM CDT and arrived home about 615 PM EDT.  A trip of about 540 miles.  Just before we got home we stopped for bread at a local grocery store.  There is not much room for a loaf of bread on a bike packed for a two week trip.

There were no issues on the way.  It was all interstate, except for the last 15 miles or so.  No major traffic tie ups but we did see a few accidents on the road, most notably a car on its side on the side of I-26 just before we got into South Carolina.  It must have just happened because there were emergency vehicles present at the time we passed the accident.  And there appeared to be only the single car involved in the incident.

I don't have the total miles traveled, but it was somewhere around 5,500.  The odometer I had tracking the mileage apparently got reset at one of the gas stops. Its easy to do even though I was trying not to.  The same button you push to resent the one odometer also changes to the second odometer.  And its some times hard to see in bright light.

Would I do it again, yes.  But I would leave out Hells Canyon.  US Route 12 in Idaho was a very pleasant surprise.  And I have the T Shirt (99 Miles of Winding Road). 

The next trip is in the planning stages.  It will be up the east coast (well not the coast more inland) to Nova Scotia. 

We missed riding in Nevada by about 30 miles but did not want to chance the detour on the way to Cheyenne. 

So what states have we not visited on two wheels?  California, Nevada, Rhode Island (catch it on the Nova Scotia trip), Alaska, and Hawaii.  I have no desire to go to Alaska but California and Nevada might be something to try in a couple of years. 

States traveled today:  Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina. 

As I said it was a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment